1. Paris Hilton
Paris Hilton on her way to the BET Awards wearing a gorgeous white sequined gown by Michael Costello.
2. Olivia Palermo
Olivia Palermo wed her boyfriend; Johannes Huebl last weekend in Bedford, New York. Olivia wore a custom look by Carolina Herrera.
3. Kim Kardashian
Kim attending Khloe Kardashian’s dirty 30 Birthday Party on a yacht off the coast of Manhattan wearing a gown by Ulyana Sergeenko.
4. Chaira Ferragni
Chaira in on her recent trip to Portofino wearing Prada Sunglasses, bcbg skirt and MSGM skirt.
Zendaya is showing off her R&B side at the BET Awards in Emanuel Ungaro.
We’ve seen the many colors of the rainbow on celebrities like Katy Perry and Nicki Minaj, but more and more hues of Crayola are hitting the streets and runway. A-listers and fashion bloggers a like, fashion has opened up to a world full of color that literally goes from head to toe. Purple, green, pink, blue, silver, yellow…you get the idea. There is no limit with this hair trend that has instantly blown up and we are feelin’ it.
For the dark-haired ladies, the process is a little more involved. Maybe some bleach then color but for the blondies you have it easy. If permanent color is more your style we suggest going to the salon. Although some of us have the DIY down to a T, bleach is no joke for the hair. If you’re in the LA area, stop by Carlton Hair to see James, the stylist behind the ever-so-brave Eugénie Grey of Feral Creature. Instagram has served as an impressive portfolio for this guy and his ways with color.
Like any other kind of hair coloring, damages are done and we put a beating on our locks. Thanks to all the healthy conscious folks, there are options to give our hair a break but make the changes we want so badly. Manic Panic gives you “guilt free glamour” and we are so all about that. LA girl Liz Cherkasova, from Late Afternoon, knows all about this vegan product and shows what it has to offer. Looking for a one-night look? Try soaking your hair in beet juice for a cool pink tone or using hair chalk. For some great tips and tricks on hair chalking, read this amazing tutorial from the beauty department.
When it comes to dyed hair, pastel or not, aftercare is the most important step. Keeping your strands happy creates an environment for color to last and shine. Follow these simple steps to lock in your color.
1. Wash your hair with cold water as much as possible. This may sound uncomfortable and a little awkward but trust us on this one. Cold water closes your hair cuticles, holding in the color. Don’t be alarmed, your first few washes will rinse out some color but not enough to notice. Your royal blue will still be royal.
2. Don’t wash your hair as often. Not only are your natural oils great for your hair, but the less product you use, the better your color has a chance of lasting. Shampoos can strip away color which of course means a touch-up sooner than you expected.
3. Dry shampoo between washes is the best way to keep your hair looking fresh. No sense in spending a ton of money when Dove has one of the best dry shampoos. For around $5, this little gem will keep your colored do looking new.
4. If your hair doesn’t need it, don’t brush it. Use the “finger combing” technique or go for a bed head look as often as you can. Running a brush through your hair not only damages it, but irritates the hair and can dull your color quicker.
5. Between washes use a leave-in conditioner and an oil, like Moroccanoil, giving your hair much-needed protein for strength. Coloring your hair weakens the strands and we already know we don’t want to constantly wash it. These products are great for after washes as well.
With so many photos flooding our laptops with inspiration, we created a Pinterest board full of every color you can possible think of…just for you!